Thursday, June 2, 2011

New York Times gets it right!

I've been flooded by recommendations to read this article (click to link to it):
"It's not about you"

David Brooks, a NYT columnist, hits a bulls-eye with this article about what it means for young people to find their calling in life. Must read!

And as long as I'm handing out homework... :)

It occurs to me I haven't shared here the fruits of my own calling. If you are interested, I gave a speech at BYU last summer on what a calling does (and doesn't) mean. You can watch it streaming online: Video of "What is Your Calling in Life" speech

or read the transcript: Transcript of "What is Your Calling in Life" speech

And for the really brave at heart, you can check out the research publication on zookeepers that got Stuart and me thinking really hard about this topic: "The Call of the Wild: Zookeepers, Callings, and the Double-Edged Sword of Deeply Meaningful Work"

Quite enough shameless self-promotion for one night!

No comments:

Post a Comment