Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Thank you!

A big thanks to all those who have shared with me their comments about the blog. They mean a lot to me. More blog entries to come soon!


Just a couple of nuggets I wanted to share. First, from my podiatrist friend: 


"Thinking of my own "calling", I think I'm lucky enough to have found it. But even so, it's not like I wake up everyday excited to go to work. Looking at feet, after all, is not a very glorious job. But what makes my job great is helping so many people to feel better. It's the sevice aspect, that you spoke of, that really makes my job great. While I'm working to help the patients that come to see me, I never think of myself or my own problems or worry about how much money I'm making."


And a former student informed me today that Oprah appears to be reading my blog (as if). Here's what she, I'm assuming when she signed off from her show: 


"Everyone has a calling, and your real job in life is to figure out what that is and get about the business of doing it," she said. "You have to know what sparks the light in you so that you in your own way can illuminate the world. ... Wherever you are, that’s your stage, your circle of influence. That’s your talk show, that’s where your power lies. … You have the power to change somebody’s life."


Nice, Oprah!



1 comment:

  1. ha ha... as i was watching oprah today, I saw this and thought, "prof. thompson would love this stuff!"

    ReplyDelete